Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I was just wondering is my pc good for GAMING? umm please vote at the poll and any suggestions tht would make it better for gaming PLEASE tell me!!!!
thanks,

might be good for current games, but it won't run HL2 very well.

You need more memory and a better GFX card. The rest should hold you over. Also, with games going way over the 1 gig mark, you'll need a bigger hard drive.

i dont think you actually want opinions of wether your machine is good for gaming. I beleive you know that it is good for gaming. My system is half of what you have and is still good for gaming. Can it be better. Of course. Suggestions, upgrade every component to something to the most expensive thing that will fit in that slot then you will have a better gaming machine.

man...look @ my specs...old faithfull is still haulin ass. this thang runs better than any 1.6 ghz pc out there...in my oppinion :D

You've got a good setup, But i agree with everyone else's opinions... your pc is what you make it, not what we rate it.
And yes, you could go for a new gfx accelerator... I would suggest an ATI Radeon 9700. It's cheaper than a 9800 and is almost the same. And I would definitely, DEFINITELY go for more RAM. 512 ought to do it. The rest is great.:)

it depends on what games you're going to be playing. is that card 128mb? cause for now that's fine. and it will still play hl2, just not at 1280x1024

yeah, a lot of good points. It all depends, depends, depends. But what you could ask is what should I need for the games ready to hit the market. That would be a good question. Right now I'm building a new comp and probably won't finish till the end of December. So I've got some time to gather up money from the couch and under the car seat. :p

i hate building pc's step by step. cause if you buy the mobo now, by the time you want to by the processor and ram it might be not the newest anymore. if i was going to build step by step i would buy the things that i know won't be changing too much. first would be a cd-rw, dvd, and hard drive, then the processor. you always want to know which processor you want before getting a motherboard. then you need to decide if you're going to use the integrated sound or buy a sound card. also, you can buy a case in advance cause they don't change much.

So true mate, so very true. But I aleady did it and I'm stuck in the cycle. Yeah, but it's just the motherboard and the CPU. So not to much. I'll buy everything after December. Anyway, this isn't my topic so I'll shut up now.

yeah guyz thanks for ur opinions, now i just need to know what Hard-Drive to get?? I was thinking Maxtor or seagate...???
Yeah and i definetly know i need more ram :p im gettin another 256 stick soon, also a cd writer.
lol ive just upgraded my gfx card, it WAS a Radeon 7000 64mb and yes bandage_boy it is a 128mb card.
thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom