Actual CPU frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you build the system yourself? You might want to check the FSB in the BIOS. Multiply it by the multiplier to get the frequency, and increase it if required.

No, I didn't build it myself. And I'm aware of destroying may CPU by changing the frequencies...

Like previously posted, maybe something funky is going on with you multiplier or FSB frequency. Have a look in your BIOS to see if you can get the CPU back up to par.

Also, if its a laptop, it might be underclocking itself when not under load.

senseless said:
should've bought amd

Dude seriously, I own an AMD and I'll be the first one to tell you to get off your high-horse and start contributing with real answers to actual problems.

I guarantee if you keep it up someone's eventually going to ban you.

If the computer is second hand it could have been underclocked by the previous owner due to cooling problems perhaps? check your cpu temps and if your happy with them overclock it back to 3ghz.

mmmmm. i agree if your cpu temp allows you to overclock, GO FOR IT.

i own i AMD, its my first AMD and i must say that AMD is by far better than intel. i was previously very loyal to intel untill i was shown the light that is AMD.

anyway.... also check to see what the system clock is running at. as the 'clock multiplier multiplied by the system clock equals the cpu frequency'.

oh and everyone is allowed to practise free speech here caseyc.
At least ReinisFMF knows now that he should consider AMD alot more seriously before making a choice. So senseless did contribute something that could help ReinisFMF in the future.

Although he did give a suggestion as to what processor is better, it did not seem relevant to this discussion. ReinisFMF asked for help with his Intel, and did not ask for help with building a new AMD computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom