won't turn on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiksilver311

Solid State Member
I just got my new case and power supply in and I moved all of my hardware over from the old computer to the new one. After spending many hours installing and making sure the cabling is neat, I go to turn it on and no power. The motherboard's lights come and I made sure the power switch was correct. If I pull the power to the mobo out just a little bit, the case lights start running and the mobo lights turn red. Any suggestions?

Normally it is a stupid thing which causes your computer not to turn on, have you checked all the connectors? make sure they are in fermly. Make sure the 4pin and 20pin are in correctly too.

Yea I made sure everything was firmly in place. I'm not using the 4pin cause I don't need it. There are no beep codes either. I notice though, after I unplug the power the mobo makes a single chirp noise when the lights go off on it. It was doing that before I swapped out last night though.

Whoever told you that you DONT need the 4pin 12v power connector is on crack. If your board is no-post no-beep then it's dead.

What kind of hardware do you have?

how do people expect for us to diagnose problems when we dont know anything? Give us some details.

edit: sorry, i just got to work. i'm kind of pissy.

Sorry bout that. No I am running an Athlon xp 2600 on a soyo board, so I don't use the 4 pin.

Specs:

athlon xp 2600+
512 gb ddr
(2) wd 80gb
(1) maxtor 200gb sata
radeon 9800 pro
audigy 2
thermaltake 480w
thermaltake armor

The motherboard doesnt have 4pin 12v? or you just arent using it?

the radeon 9800 has external power conntectors, make sure they're plugged in.

reseat your ram/proc/and cards.

no-post no-beep means the board is dead. Sometimes they can still light up, but not work. Try using a screwdriver (or other conductor) to power on your system instead of the switch, maybe its a bad switch. Make sure that your speaker is plugged in, so that you can hear beepcodes if there are any.

if that doesn't work, take the board out. make sure all the gold screw thingies are in their places, and not shorting out the board.

if that doesnt work, get a bigger hammer.

Best way to to fix this, get a 4pin molex connector and plug it into the fan, fan comes on PSU = no problem.

Repeat the process with all the molex's to check see if power is going through.

Simply remove everything from your computer and re-build it, I've found that is the best way because you tend just to put everything in and want to get it up and running.

No, the motherboard doe not have a 4 pin. I've reseated everything and power to it. I will try removing the board to see if it is shorting out. Thanks.

Ok I finally found it! It was a jumper that goes to the memory card reader in one of the drive bays. But it is working now. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom