ReinisFMF

Baseband Member
My computer:
Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz
256 MB DDR400 RAM
128 MB GeForce 5200
Motherboard:
AsRock P4i45D+

I don't know if my computer should be faster, but the one that I had before was almost as fast as this is. But it was 1.6 Ghz and 128 MB RAM.

So, here is the question - is it possible that I haven't configured some CPU, FSB or RAM frequencies and if I do, the computer becomes much faster? I don't speak about overclocking.

I run windows XP SP2.

Don't use freeware to tweak use websites such as:

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htm - This has quite afew important tweaks also includes what to have and what not to have when it comes to services -> services.msc

also try: TweakXP.com this has basicly every tweak to improve and customize your user-interface

get more ram. 512 is optomal when you have add about 10 and under programs to your pc after a fresh install. if you have more program than that installed, get a gig of ram.

if you have a 2 gig processor with a gig of ram, it's faster than a 3.0 gig processor with 256mb ram (shoot it's faster than if you have 512 too)

Sp2 really need 512 of ram by itself.

definetly upgrade your ram, and if you game you can get a new gpu. if you built the comp yourself, you can try ocing the cpu for some gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom