lots and lots of emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
In Microsoft Outlook 2003 I currently have around 6,000 emails. I know I should just delete them, but then number of times I've had to refer back to them it's just not worth it. So my question is: Is there a way to store or back up the emails so that they are still on my laptop and can be accessed by Outlook but don't put so much of a strain on Outlook when it opens?

go to import and export under the file menu.

you can backup your mail there to a file and import it back in later if you wish.

i have years and years of email i burn to cd's and whenever i want to check something out i just import from the cd back in and works like a dream.

Yes, but I have no idea into what categories I should organize them. I have 11 accounts in my client, and each its own folder.

TheMajor said:
Yes, but I have no idea into what categories I should organize them. I have 11 accounts in my client, and each its own folder.

Wow.

I have set it up so My wife's email go into the folder with her name on it.
The Forum goes into it own folder, Yappi com, my friends, my bank, ebay, paypal, wimp.com and fungoflash each has their own folder.

I set it to "if the from line contain" option, I then browse to a name and select it. then I select "move it to" and I make a folder with the name of the person that I picked. then I hit apply on the inbox. Viola. I now have organized email. my inbox only receive mail from people who don't send me a lot of mail.

what i do to save my emails is go to file>save, and i just save the important ones in a folder. i delete the useless ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom