Computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

myang080

Solid State Member
My DVD drive and DVD burner doesn't read my games but able to read my music cd. I able to burn dvd and cd's. It's takes over 100 hrs to copy starcraft cd to my harddrive

Yeah. That is a long time to burn to disk. Did you have an actual question, or are you just making statements?

I was wondering why it's taking so long. It wasn't like this before. I'm running a MSI K8T, AMD 64bit 3000, 512mb kingston DDR PC2700. Anyone have any idea to fix this problem

When did you first notice the problem and have you installed any software or anything since ?

Also have you tried completely uninstalling and re-installing the burning software ?

I have no problem burning anything. My both drivers are able to read and load Windows XP Pro CD, Norton Systemworks 2005, Movies, Music, back data, mp3, Microsoft Office 2003 and Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illus. So far it's not able to read and load, Doom 3, Command and Conquer General, Shogun Total War, Star War, Command Conquer Renegade, Warcraft 3 and Aliens vs predator 2. Those games are installed in my computer and it's not able to load or use the auto-run. I really don't want to wait from 100 -300 hrs to play a game.
Anyhow my primary hard is 160g Maxtor and 2nd hard is a 120g WD.

I install Windows XP Pro about 9 months ago. It start to have this load problem about 3 weeks. spybot S&D and Microsoft Anti Spyware those are the programs I install last. I had install about 4 weeks ago. I haven't uninstall the nero program but do you really think this cause the problem

Try using a different burner. Don't buy one, just ask a friend if they have one. My guess is that maybe your IDE cables aren't properly fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom