Problems: Voltage High, Random Reboots, Thread Stuck in Device Driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

schazz

Solid State Member
Hey all you smart people out there maybe you can help me...I recently made a computer (Asus A8V deluxe/Athlon 64 3400+ socket 939/2 512 dimms of crucial ram/radeon 9800pro 128 mb (HIS ICEQ Excalibur)/480watt thermaltake power supply/74 mb WD raptor)-in case any of that matters.

It is great except for random reboots which happen sometimes a couple times per day. Most of the time there is no error message, sometimes there is. When I get the microsoft error message this is what it says:

BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 8642EDA8 BCP2 : 85BD81D0 BCP3 : F7A0FCB4
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Error Caused by Graphics Device Driver
Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. If you would like to try and troubleshoot the problem, please utilize the information listed below.
Analysis
A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:
• If you are running Windows Server 2003 you may experience crashes if you have adjusted the Hardware Acceleration setting. Microsoft recommends that the Hardware Acceleration setting be set to None for server systems. To check your Hardware Acceleration setting, go to the advanced section of the display properties dialog box.
• If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
• If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
• Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
• For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.
Additional Technical Information
• Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure about that problem, it is apparently with the graphics card but I sent an email and got no response. Here is the main thing that I am wondering about however: I just downloaded Speedfan and Hmonitor to make sure that my temps are ok and they checked out for the most part, except for some of the temps in speedfan which i think are because there are sensors being picked up that aren't connected to anything, but I may be wrong. More importantly, with Hmonitor I noticed that the Aux voltage was high, at +3.09V, and Core at +1.14V. When I set Hmonitor to warn me, it sends this warning: "CPU core2 voltage exceed allowed deviation +3.09V" I have a screenshot attached hopefully you can read it....
I really do not know much about this stuff and I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I can do about those voltages (if they truly are a problem), and if that would cause random reboots, or if something else would do that. Also if anyone has any answers to the other problems I mentioned that would be cool too....
Thanks so much
-Will

Yes a high CPU voltage can cause all the problems your having .
This is my 1st AMD system and the A8V is finiky .I did an auto OC of 10 percent and it jacked my CPU voltage up to a insane voltage that caused crashes and heat problems for me .Try setting defaults or clear CMOS . The FX 53 needs some good cooling to get a decent OC out of it .I was able to get about a 5% overclock with stock cooling .My Vcore voltage is 1.58 also check your AGP voltage

buy a new video card or put a fan on the old one. try running it with the side of the computer off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom