skt diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

20mm

In Runtime
what's the diff between skt 478 and lga 775...does the 775 only suport dual chanel ram?

Well I'm not Intel expert buuut LGA775 is the latest processor socket I believe, carrying the newest, most expensive and most powerful Intel processors. Of course there is also the difference in the number of pins that the actual CPU have. That's all I know about it

i'm not sure if 478 supported dual-channel or not... lga775 (socket t) does though. also, 775 is pci-e, while 478 is agp. lga775 is intel's newest cpu platform.

LGA775 CPU's have no-pins on them (the pins are on the motherboard)
478 has pins on the CPU and the socket on the board.
almost all 775 motherboards support single and dual channel ram configs.
478 motherboards support Dual channel also, not all do, but most do.

Just for FYI, LGA775 is cheaper and packs more performance. But you will be forced to use PCI-Xpress if you do not get a mobo with the Intel 865 chipset. Only the 865chipset supports AGP to my knowledge.

No pins? Crazy lol
EDIT: Whoa....just saw some pics...that's insane lol...buuut I don't know, I like the pins going into the socket, makes you feel like theres a nice connection there...those look like it just basically barely touches the metal dots on the bottom..but whatever :D

Yeah, some people do not understand the whole concept about a pin-less CPU. (that is the mobo with the pins on it v v v v )

forgot to mention the pin part... when i was building my comp i at first thought that i had gotten a defective cpu, then i looked at the mobo :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom