Dfi Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if your looking for a board you can just plug in a play, do NOT get a DFI. There is a steep learning curve associated with this board, and it WILL be tricky to get running exactly how you need it to be.

comrad said:
i never knew that, well then you should get an Abit.

I wish I had gotton an Abit. Dont get me wrong, the DFI is a sweet board if you can set it up without tearing your hair out. Its been such a pain so far, though.

I have a DFI, and its awesome. I've only incountered two problems.

1. I had a hard time getting into the BIOS after the first time I did. The reason was, DFI sets it up automatically so that the DFI logo displays at boot. This overlaps the initial POST screen, which goes by WAY to fast (this board just flies). Of course, after button mashing, I got into the BIOS and shut it off. Now, no problem.

2. Theres just too many overclocking feature for RAM. I initially wanted to just tweak timings, to an extent that can barely be called overclocking (I mean that in the sense that it wouldn't do much good), but I dont understand must of the settings. Its great motivation however, and I'm checking out each thing more and more. I'll get it soon.

I full support DFI lanparty UTs.

From what I read the Fatal1ty board is crap. It's increase in price isn't justified with enough performance. They try to make it sound like a great gaming and OC'ing board, but it's really jonathen just exploiting his name for money.

Wait for the Radeon Xpress 200 board....that thing will have like...RAM voltage up to 4, Vcore up to 3, water cooling for the mosfets...don't like the colors, but if they do it right it will turn out to be THE overclocking board.

. Theres just too many overclocking feature for RAM. I initially wanted to just tweak timings, to an extent that can barely be called overclocking (I mean that in the sense that it wouldn't do much good), but I dont understand must of the settings. Its great motivation however, and I'm checking out each thing more and more. I'll get it soon.
Go here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393

Scroll way down until you see black text that says DRAM TIMINGS, the green will be timings you are familiar with and understand. The blue will be all those that you don't so you can learn ;)

Yeah, DFI favors people that really know what they are doing. Thats why their mobos have so many options. That Fata1ty mobo is just insane. It has so many cooling features. I seen it at Fry's saturday. It comes in this awesome big black box, its so well designed. Everything rules about that mobo.

They have a picture of that nerd on the mobo box. Its probably the funnest picture ever. Instead of fitting himself, he has this picture of him, acting all hard hahaha.

CreditSolutions said:
Also, if your looking for a board you can just plug in a play, do NOT get a DFI. There is a steep learning curve associated with this board, and it WILL be tricky to get running exactly how you need it to be.

eh, imma have to disagree with that, maybe i was just lucky this time but everything i got on my mobo went in with out a hitch cept the damn floppy( dont wanna get into that stupid mistake easily fixable) I did not have to flash bios or change any major things. I got it up and running including windows in about 1 1/2 hours. And this was my first ever from ground up build.

And what ram do you have Credit? Is it the Muskin Value ram? If so that could be your problem, ive been hearing alot about the boards not liking the cheaper ram. And its completely understandable, I mean cmon are you gonna but shitty unleaded gas in a ferrari? Hell i know i wouldnt.

Now PSU wise you should have a 24 PIN PSU, BUT you can use a 20 pin JUST make sure its has atleast 28a on the +12v rail any lower it will have sum problems being stable.

Nubioso, i disagree, the Fatal1ty is very good. I heard so maynt good things about it. On another forum this guy has it and he really likes it.

i would love to have the fatality board but i don't want my rig to be a freakin advertisement...i don't want some one elses name in my computer, if any of you catch my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom