distortated music via kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
Ok, in like hte last 2 weeks, ive come across a whole crapload of distortated music that maybe 400 people have of one song.

i usually choose the one that most people have because i figure its good quality ect..

Anyways, like a whole crapload of the mp3's i start getting a screechign noise in it maybe 1min into the song, sometimes earlier.

is there like a new codec or somethin?!

its an RIAA dummy file, planted in Kazaa and other nwtorks to try and keep people from illegally downloading music.

I suggest that if your going to d/l music, you stay away from Kazaa. That's one of the main networks that the RIAA is trolling for future law suits on.

further,, they have set up a format that changes the security on the file,, uhmm ,, how am i able to describe this better,, ,

Ok,, instead of being able to burn to cd and get a nice 5 hour cd with a gazillion songs,, the format has been changed to something called "MP3pro",, and you get a playback error due to format,,

this i believe is also another attempt to dissuade you from downloading,, I had to burn my CD in redbook format,, but that limits you to 21 songs approx..

sux!

On my son's PC,, I had to reinstall sound drivers,, Oddly enough,, and the screeching stopped ,, for a while,,

cheers,

The only way the'll get away with this is if we let them change the format. If we all stick to plain old MP3 then we're fine.

My whole library is in MP3 and I'm not changing it.

i dont share music, so i cant get in trouble from RIAA can i?
and aswell im using winmx, what do u suggest is a good program to use to dl music?

Without a doubt use Bearshare. Thats personally all I ever use for downloading music and I have not once come across a corrupted song, it's great!!!

Kazaa is useless now for music, since the RIAA have flooded the network with dummie files....

personally i like iMesh.com but i too have come across a few of the screechers. Yeah Kazaa is booboo now. And I agree, I am NOT going to change my whole mp3 library to some other format. That would take like forever to do with the amount of songs I have.

I also forgot, what i have also noticed is that if a particular file is coming in at high speeds from multiple sources, it will sometimes be a screecher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom