cooling + ocing

Status
Not open for further replies.

20mm

In Runtime
i've been thinking about ocing my dad's old system for a while...it's an intel 2.56 cpu...i was going to get the tt bigwater but now i'm thinking about going with air cooling...what do you guys think...would i notice in increase in performance if i oc it?

would i notice in increase in performance if i oc it?
Well...technically isn't that the purpose of OC'ing? To get it to the point where you can literally tell 'Wow thats faster' would take a nice OC though from stock speeds....probably upwards of 3GHz or so.....but as far as numbers go you'd see it in benches of course

and i would go with air if i were you. watercooling is not for just home use , its for overclockers. You can probably take it to like 3ghz like nubius said. And you WILL notice the speed difference.

well isn't that the whole purpose of water cooling? i'm just wondering if i would notice a difference in temps from using a high end cpu fan and hs compared to the low end tt bigwater.

comrad what cpu cooling are you using...i noticed you got your 2.4 up to 3.1...nice one.

That water cooling system will probobly cost you like $250. For that price you could sell you old cpu and buy a much faster one and it will be perfectly reliable.

a good cpu fan will probably perform better. I think nubius had that one. im not sure. And i am using stock cooling and i got my 2.6 to 3.1 on sotck voltage, pretty good.

dang man...that's pretty damn good...imagine what you could do with a *****in cpu cooler...by the way...are mobo chipset coolers with the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom