major boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
if i have an nvidia geforce 6800 ultra agp card can i run all games on full setting? i also at the moment have a amd athlon xp 3000+ processor and 512mb memory.

well, maybe with the exception of Doom3 at full settings (I think it was doom3, required hardware not even out yet when it was first released). Majority of games, hell yes.

im a bit confused. ive been told a memory boost barely helps past 512mb. but if that is the best card at the moment and my processor is more then capable then why cant i run doom 3? or far cry etc

well i think that there is no real answer to this question b/c all games require different resources so it would all depend on the game wether or not u could run on full settings and as far as doubling the ram goes u would prolly notice a hella difference

You can run them, but not neccesarely at maxed out settings, as killans said.

You should try it to make sure.

Because certain games such as Doom3 were made with the new generation video cards in mind. Its simply to much for any current video card to handle. The 3000 is a good processor, but it wont be able to run all games on full settings with a 6800 Ultra. Very intense games not only need something like a 6800 Ultra, but a really fast cpu. Doom3 is a very intense game man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom