oopsie

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3r0gr4v1ty

Baseband Member
well last night being the dumb **ck that i am i was pissing around in my bios on my other computer and well i seen this option to change the clock speed of the processor from 1.1 to 1.4 so i figuered that it wouldn't harm much to play with it and well i changed it and restarted and boom now i have the black screen of death i mean NOTHING will come up and i have tried resetting my cmos by taking out the battery for a couple of minutes but it doesn't fix nething also i was playing around with it this morning trying to get it to work and then i went to bed and woke up and started messin' with it again and now my fans don't work for my cpu and there is another one that i don't know but it cools but it's right below my cpu fan but that one don't work either could this be related to the bios? it doesn't really matter much b /c i am getting a new motherboard the 17th it's in the mail right now just waiting for it but was hoping to still keep this motherboard for a spare

300MHz is a huge bump dude. If you were interested in overclocking you really should have read up on it...it's easy to screw something up if you don't know what you're doing, but it looks like you've found that out the hard way.

Try turning off the PSU...moving the CMOS jumper to pins 2-3, turn the switch on the back of the PSU back on...wait 2 seconds..turn it off...put jumpers back to it's normal 1-2 pins, turn PSU back on and try to boot your computer.

If that doesn't work, then chances are you might have just popped the life out of the chip since it seems like it's a rather old one...you could always try taking out the processor and reseating it, see if with the grace of god it works again, and try the same with RAM and vid card.

well i know it's a huge jump but thats the whole reason i was in the bios and that was the only setting that i seen to change anything to even do with over clocking

ah well was hoping to have a backup mobo laying around but looks like i mighta screwed that one up lol thank god i have one on the way

oh one more thing though i think my jumpers were by defualt on 2-3 to begin with..or maybe i'm counting them wrong maybe it's the other way around

don't mean to be spamming this thread but i post and then i think of something else to say haha i'll try too get it all out in this one also do u think this has anything to do with my fans also? and would my processor still be anygood?

don't mean to be spamming this thread but i post and then i think of something
That's what the edit button is for ;)

well i know it's a huge jump but thats the whole reason i was in the bios and that was the only setting that i seen to change anything to even do with over clocking
You overclock incrementally, not a huge jump at a time. "Thats the whole reason I was in the BIOS" isn't a very valid arguement in this scenario. You read about OC'ing...then try it..not try it..screw something up...then decide it's time to learn about it...this will save you money in the long run

No clue about your fans....assuming they are plugged into the mobo, either a connection died or the whole mobo just died on you which I haven't seen happening simply from OC'ing too high.

Processor might be fried with that jump since it's an older one. Thats why I suggest you try what I've told you above.

You gotta make sure that CMOS is on pins 1-2 then try moving them and flipping off the PSU and the rest that I said to try

well like i said b4 there was no little jump to it it only had 2 settings 1.1 and the 1.4 i know i shouldn't have done it but curiosity got the best of me

but curiosity got the best of me
Curiosity killed the cat ;)

It's all good dude, back in the day I had to put my 2400+ XP to 133 to make it run at the right speed...then to myself I thought..."well if 133 is good....166 is better"....luckily for me a CMOS reset fixed the problem, but that was a newer CPU than yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom