6600GT versus 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPU = the chip on the graphics card that does the actual calculations, not the whole card itself.

Graphics Processing Unit ;)

yea the 6600GT actually pwns the 9600XT. i would know cause my mom has one (9600XT) and its getting in the old status. I would suggest either eVGA for quality or leadtek cause it has the heatsink. either way its till an upgrade right?

that 9600XT will handle solitaire like no bodies business! :p

at first I thought my eVGA wasn't OC'ing well...but after a week of good burn in time, I managed to hit 564/1100 from 500/900

The first couple of days the memory had a hard time reaching 1GHz now it's doing 1.1 :D The core will need better cooling though to go further...but if you're not interested in OC'ing then, either eVGA or leadtek will more than suit your needs

Thanks for the replies.

Is there actually much of a noticable difference between the different makes of the card?

Is there actually much of a noticable difference between the different makes of the card?
Between some there are. eVGA is a good name, quality card maker. Chances are the card will last you a good long while. In the case of my FX 5700...the first one died within 2 months, I RMA'd it...next one just died recently, about 6 months later....crappy quality.

XFX has also had a lot of problems with it's batches of cards it seems.

Don't know about leadtek, but a lot of people are saying to get them because of their good heatsink...couldn't tell you about the quality though, but I haven't seen anyone posting any problems with one yet, same with the eVGA...mines running like a trooper.

That is such a lie. What's the matter with you.
Depends on what you're running. Far cry and doom3 my 6600GT can easily compete with his X800pro, however I haven't gotten to try HL2 yet, and in 3dmark03 of course his is like 3k better score

Depends on what you're running. Far cry and doom3 my 6600GT can easily compete with his X800pro, however I haven't gotten to try HL2 yet, and in 3dmark03 of course his is like 3k better score
my 5600ultra keeps up w/ his x800pro by like 3fp/s. he gets 33 w/ max settings and 4xAA where as at those same settings i gt 30fp/s. oh and my 6800GT gets around 70-80fps. so i would say that the 6800GT smokes the x800pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom