6600GT versus 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
How much of a performance gain would one see when going from an ATI 9600XT to an nVidia 6600GT?

Thanks in advance.

lots and lots. lol. the 9600xt is a great card but now it is showing its age. the 6600gt is a new generation card so its alot better, plus u can et the 6600gt in pcie which has a greater bandwidth than agp which can only help.

It will be a pretty good gain. But your system looks really nice so I think your vid card will still be your bottleneck. Might want to get something higher than that.

There wouldn't be a bottleneck dude. That would work fine in his system.

You would see a considerable improvement. I have two friends with the 9600XT so I'm fairly confident when I say that you will infact see quite a nice gain.

Yeah, get the 6600GT. You really get high end performance at a really good price with that card. The 6600GT is actually better than the X800 Pro, and its $200 cheaper.

Thank's a lot. The 9600XT is actually in my other system not quite as good as the one in my sig, and I was deciding whether or not to keep using that for gaming or get a decent GPU for my new one.

I'll probably get a Gigabyte, AGP version of the card. Is this a good 'un?

I'd suggest Leadtek or eVGA over gigabyte. I have the eVGA but supposedly leadtek has the best heatsink on there.

beedubaya, the 6600GT will be for the system in my sig. The other system is not as good, is what I was saying, and I can't take the GPU out of that system because it's what the rest of the family use.

20mm, you're right, it's basically another name for the graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom