CAn a faulty processor kill a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO what was it then? The only thing that was changed was the CPU, it worked fine with the old one, put the new one in and it didn't work, put the old one in and it did, put the new one in and left it a few seconds, then it blew the PSU.......... any further suggestions? (Swapped the PSU and the old processor works fine again!)

when i got my AMD 64 and board my psu blew well a circut got fried cause my cpu was now getting enough power and drained to much and therefore the a circut. well not a circut looked more like a high ohm resistor.

If the cpu didn't get enough power is that going to do anything to the mobo? or mess up the cpu?

well i mean it can damage all of them or only one but theres no telling that only this componet will be damaged or only these two will be damaged. thats why i said it depends on which way the wind it blowing. its just a saying i sometimes use.

Umm dunno about you but my CPU dont have all the power it needs, but it still works great! Guess it depends on your luck when you buy the parts.

well charles_scott maybe you should try and give it all the power it needs and then you can get even more performance out of your cpu. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom