SBC dsl problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm, that would be my guess. What speed is it running at and what speed SHOULD it be running at ?

Are you using a router? If so, unplug it and go straight to the computer from the modem and try again (I've been this route about a dozen times with SBC/Yahoo DSL) and NO, I do NOT work for them, LOL.

If it still doesn't work, then call again, describe your problem and if the person is clueless, ask for a supervisor and BE STUBBORN. Keep insisting on a supervisor. If they tell you one is not available but will call you back, tell them fine, hang up and CALL BACK and insist again (you will most likely end up in a different call center). Keep being a pest.

It WILL get solved if you are the *squeaky wheel*. Liz

wasn't using a router at the time... it is going straight to it from the modem... at first i had all the lights on at the modem..
Power-Green
Ethernet-Green
DSL-Green
Internet-Green
Activity-None
and it was going slow... so then I called sbc and asked them how to install the sbc dsl on to my computer without the disc.. (someone from the geek squad at best buy told me I could do that) and it was a middle eastern. They were like you have an error in your phone line because it was going slow or something... They told me to press the reset button so I did.. I turned it on and it was like this..
Power-Green
Ethernet-Green
DSL-Green
Internet-none
Activity-Blinking
So I called back and they said they would check my telephone line for any errors and they would call me on monday which was yesterday... They called but they went to the answering machine and I lissened but it was staticy so I don't know what they said... I called SBC back and they were all trippin and it was someone from the middle east again and they said call your phone company. I was like SBC is my phone company.. They give me the number and I call and it is the eastern state sbc phone company..

Ok...... sounds like a headache to me.. :(

In order to have your computer authenticate with the SBC servers it needs to use PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol over Ethenet) which Windows XP can support.

To start this you have to go to "My Network Places" and click on "View Network Connections."

Then you want to click on "Creat a New Connection", hit Next.

You will want to choose "Connect to Internet", hit Next.

Then you want "Setup my connection Manually" hit Next.

Now you will see an option that says "Connect using broadband connection ... " This is the PPPoE function that you need.

Follow the wizard, until you are asked for your SBC user name and password. Remember its the FULL username (XXX@sbcglobal.net)

Once this is done you should see the activity lights on the modem flashing. If you connect to the internet it could be an issue with the SBC software.

Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom