Best socket 939 mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
i need to get a motherboard for a athlon 64 socket 939 clawhammer 3500. i want it to have an agp slot AND a pci-e slot is this possible? i was going to get the asus a8n sli deluxe and heard tons of good reviews on newegg, but then someone on here said they hated it and that asus sucks. now can you guys help me pick out a mobo that is very stable and can be overclocked decently?

thanks

I have the A8N-SLI and it's an awesome board... not a single problem and it's quite happy to be overclocked. The one issue I have with it is the chipset fan, as it runs at 8000rpm, but beyond that there is no problem with it at all. Unfortunately though, I don't think you'll ever be able to get a board with both AGP and PCI-E. I'm 99% of that, but with computers anything is possible.

no, you can't get an agp and pcie slot on the same motherboard.

I've built 2 systems at work with a8n-slis, i run the k8nxp-sli at home.. The k8nxp-sli is superior to the a8n in almost every way.

You can get agp and pci-e, the problem is that speed is not on par with other PCI-e boards. The pci-e was limited to the agp spec or something like that. Don't bother getting it, just bite the bullet and get a PCI-E motherboard and video card.

the dfi is the best 939 board. i have also heard of a board with agp and pcie but i cant remember the link for it nor who made it. but im possitive there is one.

dale5605, Gigabyte would be along the worse mobos for anything really lol. For the best mobo's, its simply DFI and Abit. Nothing can compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom