runtime error

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudgeon1

Beta member
got a long explanation of my error and what i have doen to try and figure out what is going on but i havent been able to yet so im posting this for some help. thankyou for taking the time for reading this. this is my first time posting so this my be more than you need so please bear with me

about 6 months ago i built my computer from scatch. im not sure if this problem could be occuring from hardware issues or if its just strickly OS. the error that i am getting will only pop up when i am running games. the one that i am useing now that the error will pop up on is counter-strike. it also has occured on other games one is Savage. the first window that pops up reads - microsoft visual C++ runtime library. runtime error! program: ...team\steammapps\ltrudgeon@-----.org\counter-strike\hl.exe abnormal program termination - second window reads - counter-strike: hl.exe - application Error The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program - before the errors occur my screen flashes occasionally. i have reinstalled counter-strike, reinstalled windows, reformated and reinstalled windows, updated as many drivers and versions of all programs on my computer and still i get the runtime error. once again i thank you for reading about my problem thank you for your time again

2.4gHz p4
asus p4sdx
2700ddr
gforce 5200fx
oem 80Gb HD
P.O.S. monitor

if there is anything more that you would like to know please post a note for me

i have XP home installed right now. i have had on XP pro before and still the same problem. the ram has "ARES" stamped on the chips themselves but i bought them from a place called computer brain they were sold as just broker grade so they are very poor quality. i know after doing some reseach that my motherboard has some tested ram that asus say it should use. so i think taht im going to try and buy one of those and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom