Asus A8V Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayne

In Runtime
I bought this today with the AMD Athlon 64 3200 939 pin.

I installed everything and when I turn the power on, there is nothing but a black screen. It doesnt even make it to the POST.

Help me please.

Full specs....

AMD Athlon 64 3200 winchester 939
Asus A8V Deluxe
2x 512 Corsair Value Select 3200
120GB 7200 Maxtor 2MB cache
20GB Wester Digital
Chaintec Geforce 6800
Soundblaster Audigy 2
MSI DVD ROM
MSI CD-RW
450Watt PSU

If I missed anything about my specs let me know.

All i can say is go over where everything is plugged in

Plug speakers into the back of your mobo
Tell us what the whiney female yells into your speakers

Im guessing bad bios, like alot of the asus boards :rolleyesL

It is late here so no actual testing today. Everything was plugged in securely though.

try putting the ram in the B 2 channels of memory. btw.. i've had nothing but problems out of the a8v.. out of 5 ordered 4 have been rma'd because they were doa.

Asus sucks.. return the board and get a gigabyte k8ns ultra

Unplug the power supply /take out the battery / unplug and reconect the CPU fan socket/unplug and reconnect the 4 and 24 PIN power conectors/install the battery .I ran into that problem also lol .The board is figidy but runs awsome .Use the 2 blue sockets for dual channel.

Dual channel is only enabled if you use blue and black.. Sure if you only want 2gb/s of memory throughput use the blue sockets =p. I get 2gb/s to my memory on my xp 1600 with 512 ddr433... If you cant use dual channel its worthless. Any amd 64 should get roughly 5gb/s to memory, if it doesnt its crap.

Rayne said:
It is late here so no actual testing today. Everything was plugged in securely though.

Please do plug speakers in and tell us what error the mobo is having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom