Buying RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qu4ter

Beta member
I am running winME and have 64mb RAM. I want to upgrade to XP and i know that 64mb is not enough to run it. I want to know if i need 128mb or 256mb. And does anyone know where i can buy it by using a Splash Plastic pre-pay cedit card?? :confused:

bah...128 would still not perform properly...well...it also depends on what you wish to do with it. I ran XP with 64 megs just to see if it could hack it...but it was able to hold for about a week before things started to mess up. I'd say stick to AT LEAST 256 if yur looking to do anything more than chat and emails.

I thought the minimum system requirement for Windows XP was 64Mb or RAM.
Anyway, 256 megs is good enough for alot of things, but for high-end gaming, multitasking and the like, you need at least 512Mb of RAM to get good performance.

i dont use big programs or games so will 128 be enough?
i looked at microdirect.co.uk but i couldnt find PC-100 and they dont accept Splash Plastic :( surely somwhere does?!?

256 meg minimun because window xp use all the memerie

but the best is a 512 ram (desactivated the swapfile)and put ajust your lcache2 of your prossesseur in the h..localmachine...

it will run fast

did you say pc100? if your computer is that old it will run slow even if you do get enough memory.

i agree with the rest 256MB should be minimum for winXP. but in your case since you want to be cheap as possible go with at least 128MB, you will see a slowdown in your machine though.

i don't think anybody here knows what a splash card is. you will have to find out by searching through a search engine or ask the people who issued your card or your bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom