Wireless Adapters not 'seeing' router

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjohn

Beta member
I have a PC running XP (SP2) with a D-Link Wireless ADSL Router, another PC on a different floor (also XP SP2) with an Actiontec USB Wireless Adapter, and a Laptop with a built in WiFi adapter.
Both the upstairs PC and the laptop were accessing the network I had previously set up until last week, when I noted that the Actiontec was no longer 'Linked' or 'Associating' with the Router. My laptop is also no longer able to 'see' the network.
I have gone through the Router settings and all seems to have stayed the same, and I can access the internet OK via this on my 'host' PC.
I have re-configured the network using the XP(SP2) Wireless Networking Wizard, but it makes no difference. I am sure something must have changed within the router or the 'set-up' therof but I cannot tell what.
Any thoughts please?

first, i'd prolly try powercycling the router and all machines.

then, to connect to a wireless network you need to have the same SSID, channel, and encryption settings. Make sure your nics are set to infrastructure for network type. Double check any MAC filtering or ACL settings.

if all else fails, preform a factory reset on the router and start from scratch.

I agree, sounds like your SSID does not match. If you use WEP make sure you didnt typo the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom