monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoamskilet

Solid State Member
Last night while i was just reading a web page, my monitor suddenly went into it's power save mode. Neither the mouse or the keyboard will wake it up. If I hit the reset button it won't wake up. If I power completely down and then turn it back on, the screen works fine until the windows xp loading screen goes to change, then it immediately goes into power save, while i can hear everything in my computer running as normal. The screen will work though if i restart into safe mode. It's just as soon as the normal windows comes on, the screen immediately shuts down. Any suggestions? Also, while i was in safe mode, i did go in and shut the power save function of the screen completely off.

i think is might be your graphic card driver corrupted. Try reinstall the driver~~~

I take it from the comment "screen works fine until the windows xp loading screen " as you can see the black screen with white writing??

Try booting the computer into safe mode "F8" you will then find out if it is a driver issue.

Check to see if the Graphics Card has popped out of its slot on the Motherboard

Check Monitor cable

OK. If i uninstall the graphics driver and restart the computer it works. It looks like crap and refreshes slow, but it does work. Now as soon as i load a driver and restart the computer to complete that, it goes right back into the same problem. I've tried using the driver from my cd, from leadtek's website, and one from driverguru, all with the same effects.

POS card, first off. You're lucky it didn't explode and burn your house down.

Roll back to a previous driver version. Obviously that one may not be able to function with your card and setup.

A monitor can act different when displaying text only than when it is doing 3d.

I recently received a monitor 'as is' that worked perfectly for text (DOS/BIOS) but had these horrible streaking lines in it when it tried to do 3D (Windows).

So your monitor could be dying. Or it could be your video card. The only way to tell would be to try a different monitor on it, or try a different video card. But I would try the driver thing first, although I can't see why a driver would spontaneously go beserk like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom