Want rid of annoying startup item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
Everytime I startup my PC an annoying health check program comes up asking me if I want to run it. We installed this health check when we first got the PC as we thought it may be useful. We've since found out it is everything but useful. It doesn't work and also we have cancelled paying for the warranty from the questionable computer shop we bought the PC from - this health check is part of that warranty. Basically I have no use for this on my computer, so want rid of it. I have a startup program where you can select what programs load at startup but this particular application isn't listed. I've also deleted all the health check files/folders. All that's left is this annoying startup application.

I know where it is and exactly what it's called - it's called 'health notifier' and is in the windows\system 32 folder When I try and delete it, it say's 'access denied' or something. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of it, it would be much appreciated. :)

Startup

Did you hit cntrl+alt+ del and see if it comes up. If it does it end process then try to go and delete it. Also is there any exe program associated with it. You can go into it there and try to see in the preferences if anything!

I tried typing 'msconsig' but it gave me an error message saying it couldn't find it. Do I type anything before the msconsig part?

click start
click run
type in msconfig
click ok
it will open up System Configuration Utility
go to the tab Startup
find the name of the program somewhere there and uncheck the box beside it
click apply
click ok
exit
restart.

run - type REGEDIT - software - microsoft - windows - current version - run -delete program's icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom