Mobile cpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
can you use mobile cpus in a normal desktop cpu? if so, do you need a different mobo
i saw in a post a mobile cpu that the guy said it rivaled a 3.8 ghz and was interested. what do i have to do to make it work?

first wtf with your system???????????? but then again back to the topic, people here get the amd XP-M 2400 cpu's and oc them on a ABIT NF7-2 mobo. this mobo can also be used for normal amd xp cpu's. with intel it might be differant so can't say. btw from what i know the amd64 mobiles use the 754 socket and any mobo can run them. mobiles are great cos they have lower thermal output and can run at higher temps.

i saw in a post a mobile cpu that the guy said it rivaled a 3.8 ghz and was interested.
lol might have been me.

OCSS3.jpg
Beats out a 3.8 Arithmatic bench in dhrystone and barely is outperformed in the whetstone..still not bad considering mine was 1.1GHz lower clock speed.

That's a 35w 2400+ XP-M

lol, i dont think PoisonPorkchop's sig is all that truthfull.

Yes its true that mobile chips can be overclocked very well, resulting in very good performance. Just like in Nubius's case.

really, did you try the NVIDIA 9600GT yet, i heard you can get like 80k on 3dmark03. WEll i just got my Intel p4 3.8ghz, 128bit, 10mb cache, its pretty fast but notin compared to the fx-80 , its crazy

Just quit posting about it people. It's already going in the flame war direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom