Drivers for Floppy drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
um yeah, well i finaly tried out my floppy drive today, tried to load pics on to my comp, went in to my computer than double clicked on the A drive, 10 seconds later a screen pops up and says insert disk into drive??? WTF? So my question is, Are there drivers for floppy drives, I always thought they were plug and play? ive tried to different drives and both do the same thing. The drive is a Sony MPF920. Ive searched google and didnt quite find what i was looking for.

Any help out there?

Thanks

They are plug and play. No drivers are needed. I've had that happen on plenty of floppies and it just turned out that they simply didn't work anymore for whatever reason.

Just do the basics and make sure the floppy cable is secured to the motherboard and drive and that you got power to it.

Make sure you got the right floppy cable and that it's lined up correctly

just as nubius sed really. ive had it where ive plugged the floppy cable in the wrong way round cos it has no grooves to make it only go in one way. see if its the same for yous. if not try the disk in another drive if that works its gona be your drive. they are cheap enough now to pick up and alot of ppl dont even use em anymore.

yeah, if the green light is always on, you have either have the cable plugged in the wrong way as Major said. Or you have your cable upsidedown.

TheMajor said:
You connected the cable backwards. On you mobo side.

Hahaha... thanks guys. Same problem for me. Green light always on :). Windows and bios recognize it but no reading lol. Secure dedicated connections 'n' all. I have the same drive as this guy. I remember being slightly taken off by the fact that it looked like it could fit either way when I was building.

Ahh, finally a bios update will be had :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom