PDF's..

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
Is there any websites where you can download free PDFs that are related to computers, such as manuals or Computer How To's ?

Thanks..

majistic said:
Is there any websites where you can download free PDFs that are related to computers, such as manuals or Computer How To's ?

Did those links not provide that information? Next time be more specific as to which genre you are after :p

Thats true..you are right..I would like something in the way of Motherboards, RAM, Video Cards, you know, and newer stuff.

No worries. Try this link, you will have to do some homework though. This search engine is geared for all sorts of hardwares, and if you get specific on model numbers and manufacturers, it provides tons of information, including pdf files for free.

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/

And as a side note, usually if you go to the manufacturers website, they usually have free pdf's on the device of your choosing. You just have to dig around a little.
For example, on the linksys website, you can look up all their routers/gateways and each one has a specific .pdf file on configuration and setup and all sorts of technical data. :)

You should read an online course offered through a University. All these "howto" guides just address the hardware at superficial levels. More like what a car mechanic knows about cars. To really understand what's under the hood, so to speak, you should read the theory behind the components - cpu, ram, etc. etc.

Check around. I know MIT offers a lot of non-credit online courses. If not, there will be many universities that have posted their course notes online. Just do a google search with "... site:.edu".

Oh, I know they have tons of them...alot you have to pay for though..I am cheapo..

majistic said:
Oh, I know they have tons of them...alot you have to pay for though..I am cheapo..

They are completely free man :). Don't worry, your wallet will remain the same size :)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom