New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photon6786

Beta member
I am not a new user at all, but I did not see anywhere to post a question about a monitor, so I decided i would post in here. My friend is seling a Sony CPD-E540 monitor. I am a very heavy gamer, I play Counter-Strike Source all the time. Right now i have a Viewsonic A90F+ 19" monitor. I really want to upgrade to the Sony 21" CPD-E540 Trinitron. I know someone that is selling it for 200, but will not let me borrow the monitor though. I did some looking up on it already, and i have read both good and bad reviews on it. Right now I run my resolution at 1600x1200, but if i got this monitor, i would really like to bump it up to 1920x1440. I am not sure how this monitor would be for gaming and the high resolution, but I would like to get everyones opinion out of this. Thanks very much.

Remember, bumping it up requires extra of everything on your computer's part. What are your computer specs and can they handle the extra strain?

Thermaltake Highest Xaser III Super Tower Case
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 560W Power Supply
EPoX "EP-8KDA3+" nForce3 250Gb Chipset Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ with 1mb L2 cache @ 2.38ghz
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Platinum Series (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) (3-3-3-8) but i have it clocked at 2-3-3-6
Sony Internal 16X DVD+R / Double Layer/DVD+RW Drive, Model DRU710A
ATI Radeon 9800XT Video Card
250GB Maxtor Hard drive, 7200, 8mb
160GB Maxtor Hard drive, 7200, 8mb
Audigy Platinum Sound Card

Err....nevermind....your comp's plenty fast. Then's it's just the moniter, which all opinions, more or less. Anyone offer an opinion?

Sry I have to sit this one out...i'm bad w/ moniters. I can't tell the difference.

Oh, i was just wondering if that sony trinitron monitor that i mentioned earlier would be good for gaming. I have a nice viewsonic 19" but i want to upgrade to a 21" and i was just wanting to know what people thought about the sony one. Opinions please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom