Building a compu and installing Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

achanz

Solid State Member
Hello. I just built a computer for some one. My knowledge in this is somewhere between intermediate and advanced, but not quite advanced, obviously. :D
Anyways, I put the winxp disc in there, system boots from cdrom, set up copies the files to my hd, but when the system reboots and tries to boot from the hd to start/continue installing windows, it tells me that its going to boot from hd but it reboots. It just does this on an infinite loop. What could be wrong? Has some one had this problem before? Can any one help? Who ever does will be added to my list of heroes!:bald:

Thanks in advance.

I don't think is a corrupted boot.ini file. If it was I would probably get some kind of error message and then the system would just get stuck there. I was getting an error message before I reformated the hd. But now I reformatted, copied the windows files and when is time to boot from hd it does say boot from "ide-0 ok" but then it just reboots/resets like if I press the reset button turns off and on again and it does the same exact thing, infinitely. Any other ideas? Please guys! I know you guys have the answa!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom