question about cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3r0gr4v1ty

Baseband Member
ok i've been wanting to put an exhaust fan on the top of my case and i was digging around in my computer junk pile and came across an old psu was wondering if i could use the fan from that and mount it ontop of the case?

Lol, good luck with that. No, you can't do that, and if you were, you would have to run it with the power supply... it's really not a good idea... you know... two power supply's and all. Just buy a case fan and save yourself the breath.

Yeah you could, as long as you found a connector attatched to the fan, or a spare connector.

The fan is most likely soldered into the power supply, which means murdering an adapter and than putting the new end on.

And why couldn't he do that? I've taken a few fans out of PSU's and used them as normal fans. They generally just have a 2pin connector instead of a 3pin, but if you have an old 3pin connector around it's not hard to splice it.

It's completely possible dude...just make sure that thing hasn't been used in a while, because capacitors can hold energy and wouldn't want you getting shocked :p

I get shocked soo much, i barely feel it anymore

My dad claims to have fixed my lighting

I touch it, i still get shocked

no it wasn't soldered or anything i already have it out of the case and everything and it is a 2 pin connector dunno how much it will actually cool down but lol worth a shot i guess if it don't work good i'll just hook up a blower motor for a furnace haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom