OverClocking Made Computer Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I hit 2.688ghz fine, then i was trying to hit 2.7ghz for the last time, then everything turned sour. It was half way stable. It would allow comands, then it wouldent. So i shut it down. When i try to boot up, it says this.

Windows could not start, becasue the following file is missing-
WINDOWS/SYSTEM/CONFIG/SYSTEM

My processor is fine, just windows is currupt. Anyway to fix this, without installing everything all over? Samething with Raid0?

Well when you OC your computer, while fresh. Nothing bad happens unless your temps are high. Since theirs no cpu stress. So anyone know?

I know man... it sucks.. I know im going to have to install everything all over, just seeing if anyone knows another way. I have a burned copy of windows. So i would have to wait intil saturday to fix it. Since my friend has it. Im just happy nothing it burned. My temps dident exceed 38 degees celcius.

But isn't it true that when you install a new processor you should let the thermal compound settle for about 100-150 hours of usage before you start overclocking, especially that much? I don't know I'm a noob.

Depends on your temps. All that is for is to reduce your temps, but mine are good. Since i have a cooling system. So my temps are already good.

Windows corruption with heavy OC'ing is more common than you think man. I've had that exact message happen before. A Windows repair MIGHT work, but it didn't work for me...worth a try though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom