O/C an eVGA 5600 ultra how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Just want to know how to overclock my evag fx5600 ultra. Would it be worth it in the end and would i really get any increase in performance?

download coolbits and then overclock, i notice a good amount of difference when running becnchies(1k score+)

it'd be aquamark or 3dmark03 inwhich you got a 1k gain...not gonna happen in 3dmark05 lol

yea it helps alot if you OC the 5600ultra. I ocd mine righ tnow (cause my pother system hit the dust) and my 2600+ machie was hittin the same frames as Beed on HL2. thast w/ 4xAA, 8xAF, 1024x768, and settings maxed out.

yeah Nubius i meant 3dmark01, lol. Not in 05, you would need a pretty crazy overclock for 1k gain in 05.

yeah Nubius i meant 3dmark01, lol. Not in 05, you would need a pretty crazy overclock for 1k gain in 05.
Well in 3dmark03 it's possible. I've gone from 7500 to 8500 in 3dmark03 thus far :D Trying new drivers, which I don't think these drivers like the higher OC's, but it could be that it's because I've benched my card over 20 times now with 3dmark03, 3dmark05, and Aquamark3 at stock settings, then OC'd settings, then using new drivers, and trying stock and OC again lol...

3dmark05 with 564/1113 gave me the same score as stock settings with 66.93 drivers, the screen froze, then kicked back in a couple times, so either the hardware doesn't like being benches this many times or the drivers aren't as good for OC'ing but offer a little better stock settings score. I will be posting all my findings when DJ-Chris gets his card back, IF HE EvER DOES hehe, also VIII will have some scores, so we will be comparing an AMD64, XP-M, and Intel system all using 6600GT's and 1gb of memory but different memory types and different brands of 6600GT :D

Probably gonna have a nice big post around next week.

i want to be able to put a cpu heatsink on my 5600ultra. is there a mount for that or can i not do that? ive seen somebody at a lan party mount a cpu heatsink on a 9800pro so i was wondering i fi could do the same. BTW i have the 4 holes on the card to i think.

i think its possible. Hey Nubius i know you can get a 1k increase in 03 too but i didnt, i got 1k increase in 01.

PP - No clue...I actually wondered the same thing lol...wanted to put my SLK-900A on the eVGA, but that thing is like 600Grams of weight so I don't know if I'd trust that much weight pulling down on the card hehe.

I've seen it done before too, and generally I just see people having it held down with zipties...you'd have to basically jerry rig it on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom