Intel or AMD on a buisness computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's for my dad's construction and he sucks at backing his stuff up and it has so much spyware it's unbelievable. He now is in love with Limewire after I showed him that I was thing about 400 dollars for everything besides Keyboard monitor Burner floppy mouse. no videocard

Intel. 400 u need an hd/mobo/ram/PSU/cpu. u shud be able to get the cpu/an intel one for 150. 350 u can get everything else but it wont be so great.

Yes, but what tasks will he be performing on this machine?

I'm leaning towards a Celeron or a Sempron, maybe an older Pentium 4 or Athlon XP.

To properly address this thread, you'll need to provide me with a little more information. Like what need does this business have for a PC?
Accounting and Book keeping? Inventory? POS system? Internet? Email? Multimedia Video Displays? PVR capability? Just a few needs...

Then a budget. Duh... lol j/k

If there is one thing that I always recommend to people are going to buy or have me build them a new PC for a business. I suggest you invest a good portion of your budget into protecting your data.
If your aren't using a server to store your data and you're going to be storing all of your data on your PC's HDD's I would highly recommend that you consider setting up a RAID 5 configuration.

I'd recommend Seagate 200gig SATA 7200rpm with NCQ

RAID 5 stripes data & parity information across 3 or more drives.
This is a very safe way to ensure that you secure your data from HDD failure. It's not the fastest configuration, but it's very safe. IF one hard drive fails, just swap it out with a new HDD.

Get a 1.8GHz Duron, a semi-reputable socket A motherboard, and some 512MB DDR266 Value RAM. Add in a 60GB Hard drive and you've spent no more than $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom