help me out here plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as you have a 6600GT, I am assuming your a gamer. In that case, an AMD computer system would be better for you.

Also if you dont need the advanced networking features, or dont need the bragging rights, get normal XP home. Dont worry if it has service pack 2 or not, since you can burn XP + SP2 onto the same disc and make it just like an XP Home SP2 CD

everything looks good, but i suggest you get a maxtor or seagate hd. and get a better psu maybe at least 480watt

scraftzealot said:
i really have to go intel as i will be doing some video editing

AMD are only slightly slower on video editing. A 3000+ or a 3.0GHZ Intel will both handle consumer and low end pro video apps with ease.

Nobody notices a few minutes rendering a video file (when it takes hours) anyways.

well really i'm alsmost ready to buy and i've already pretty much canceled out AMD, and i'm goin intel....and i DO plan to replace the power supply at a future date, but i belive it should be just enough right now

I do a good amout of video and sound editting. Look at my sig, I have an AMD Athlon 3200+ XP. I have been doing video editting from video I pull off of my tv tuner, and sound editting through soundforge and other programs. I have not had any problems with the programs running on my AMD chip.

If its just a little video editting on the side AMD will be fine, but if thats all this machine will be used for go Intel. AMD also tends to be much cheaper for a comparable cpu and mobo.

If you're using avid.. God help you..

If you're using Liquid 6 like everyone else you're going to want the following..

AMD 64 3200 Winchester 939
Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI
2x 6600 GT PCIE cards
2x 1GB ddr400 CL2
1x 80gb IDE drive (os)
1x 200GB 7200RPM **8MB CACHE** sata drive (source)
2x 36 or 74 gb raptor drives (render drives) .. You might also want to check into the 16mb cache maxtor drives, they were benchmarking the same as the raptors for me today.. the seek time on the raptors is lower but that doesnt matter for video editing.

should be like 1600 or 1700$ but you'll be amazed.

If you're using avid you're going to want a cheap dual xeon setup
I'd recommend a pair of 3.0s with 2gb of ecc 333 ram on a ncch-dl
same HD configuration.

I'm not sure how much video you're going to be spooling up at once but a 200gb sata would do it for most..

http://www.adkvideoediting.com <-- this is where i work.. We're the Dell of pro-audio pro-video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom