P3 bios flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
alright, friend has a Gateway POS w/ a P3 1gig. i need something to flash the bios and make it OC or w/e. I just need the innards of his bios unlocked is what im saying. anybody got any ideas?

i want to flash the bios man.
lol yeah I got that from 'P3 BIOS FLASH'

People seem to be under the impression that a BIOS flash like...magically opens a ton of options never seen before. This isn't the case, especially with a gateway comp and motherboard inside of it. No one would bother writing a custom BIOS for a gateway comp because what are the chances someone would want to OC? Pretty slim chance if any at all. Your motherboard has to have those functions within the BIOS as it is. New BIOS's just add stability in some cases, or the ability to recognize a different processor, but that's only been in the case of the .09u CPUs from AMD recently.

I'm afraid he's pretty much SOL

so what about all these threads tht i read on here that where saying yea you gotta flash the bios so you can unlock the multyplier and stuff. if not then how can i get the chipset identification from it. like what program do i use and if i can DL it where from.

I don't know what threads you're talking about where people say a BIOS flash will unlock multipliers...that's just not true. That's based on the CPU, not the BIOS.

CPU-Z should give you chipset information I believe.

Dude what are you talking about? I didn't post anything regarding BIOS's unlocking multipliers so what exactly do you mean by 'If its not true dont post it'

yeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom