ATI Dual Graphics Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
This is a heads-up for all the ATI fanatics (group therapy will be thursday at 8 this week...):

http://www.bit-tech.net/feature/80

Here are the first pictures of RD-400, the dual-graphics solution from ATI that will compete with Nvidia's SLi. We spoke to an Asus representative today who told us that this board was still 2 months away from release, but would support forthcoming graphics cards from ATI with a bridge connector. As with SLi, the ATI solution will deliver additional performance through the use of dual cards, rather than simply more monitors. The board will be for Intel processors, at least initially.

More on the page, as well as pix.

the ati fanboys will love this, but as with sli i think its a waste of money atm.

Yeah , I've been hearing about this for quite some time now. I wish ATI would have developed something completely different instead of just following in the footsteps of Nvidia SLI...I'd much rather them come up with a unique innovation and PWN nvidia SLI, than keep the concept of having to buy two ridiculously priced graphics card :rolleyes:

Only for "Intel users" initially hehe...that cuts out most everyone here lol

yea i thought it would be cool if they made their own thing up like having two completly different video cards instead of them being exact. they would've made so much money because if someone wanted to upgrade thier Video card and mobo boom pick thiers and you have a better video card(s)

Argh, that's a real disappointment. I really wish that companies would stop simply doubling up their hardware (and pricetags) and come up with something innovative on a single card.

I've lost some respect for ATi.

Oh well, at least this will silence the "two nVidia cards in SLI will own ATi" people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom