lol DUMB question. Whatz SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dhw good point well made. i agree totally, my 6600gt is fine for playing all of todays games on top spec, so why would i want to pay more for one. all i intend to do is get a top notch card near xmas then il be set.

SLI = Bragging rights and getting 10-12K in 3dmark05 that's about the only use I see for it thus far.

again good point wel made. there is no need for sli at the moment. thee quality of game graphics is not high enough to need more than one card can give.

Not only that, but not every game even supports SLI, so that's a waste.

Beyond that, it's a rich boys toy, and it's ridiculous to think "well if you want to ever see graphics beyond medium you'd better put your life savings into it"

SLI = Scalable Link Interface

A solution for the ability to run two identical video cards in one PC. When two video cards are installed and bridged by the SLI board, they work in tandum. One video card displays the top portion of your monitor and the other video card displays the bottom portion. This same technology was introduced a few years back by NVIDIA but the application was different. Each video card would display a row of pixel in a interlaced pattern.

Well, they canned that idea. And implemented the 50/50 approach.

Imagine having (2) of the soon to be 512MB video cards in SLI?

WOW!!!! 1 gig of video ram....

From what I read...you can have SLI in two modes...one where each card does half of the screen like you said, one does top, one does bottom, or the other method is like the first one, where it draws every line in between each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom