Best Brand of 6600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like my gigabyte tbh. i know its not the best make, but i have seen other versions of the 6600gt beat the evga version when overclocking. i havent had tme to do much with mine but im happy that mine is the fanless version ( u can get a agp version fanless aswel).

Yeah PP wish I woulda known about eVGA when I bought my 5700...got a chaintech, and 6 months later the things dying..mind you I had to RMA one as it is...psht never again.

They also offer faster memory than the trusted EVGA.
them trying to market that faster memory might be on more contributor to the flakey cards.. BTW: I guess a burn in time did good cause i just ran my eVGA 564/1101 :D

The core is hitting 83C, so I'm gonna have to wait until water cooling before I can really bump that beast up.

Like PP said, they coulda put a better heatsink on the eVGA especially considering the 6800 series had good heatsinks so I'm kind of disappointed in that sense. No way I'd want the fanless version though. Hygors was hitting like 100C+, that's insane..I hate the fact that mines hitting 83C overclocked muchless 100...yeesh

Nubius said:
Yeah PP wish I woulda known about eVGA when I bought my 5700...got a chaintech, and 6 months later the things dying..mind you I had to RMA one as it is...psht never again.

them trying to market that faster memory might be on more contributor to the flakey cards.. BTW: I guess a burn in time did good cause i just ran my eVGA 564/1101 :D

The core is hitting 83C, so I'm gonna have to wait until water cooling before I can really bump that beast up.

Like PP said, they coulda put a better heatsink on the eVGA especially considering the 6800 series had good heatsinks so I'm kind of disappointed in that sense. No way I'd want the fanless version though. Hygors was hitting like 100C+, that's insane..I hate the fact that mines hitting 83C overclocked muchless 100...yeesh

Your going to make it hard for me to beat you :(

That's REALLY nice if you dont have the same memory as the XFX's

Your going to make it hard for me to beat you
lol not even dude, you said you were getting like 8200 in 3dmark03 stock...I'd attribute your AMD64 to getting that kind of nice score. Mine gets 7500 stock settings, and thus far 8574 is the best 3dmark03 score I've been able to get with 66.93 drivers. Running the latest 71.84 forceware drivers from nvidia right now at stock to see if they give better performance...if they do I got a nice amount of benchies to re-run :D

You're getting your card this thursday aren't you?

EDIT: The only thing about getting your card replaced is now it won't have the burn in time, so it won't want to OC as far...I'm surprised at how well this eVGA has 'loosened up' because at first I was somewhat pissed at it's memory BARELY getting 999, and now it's doing 1109 :D

for some reason people like eVGA, yes tehy are a trusted brand but their heatsinks dont hold a candle towards leadtek and MSI

in the case of the 6800GT that's not true. the eVGA has THE best heatsink on there since it's the heatsink made for the ultra that's put on a lesser card.

In the event of the 6600GT yeah it could be better, but their quality and name is great. Plus you can't beat their step up program, that's a nice feature.

With adequate cooling this eVGA will "R0X0r M1/\/3 S0XoRz"

EDIT: Aright! Just tried out the 71.84 forceware drivers. They gave a small increase in 3dmark03 score :D

66.93 drivers - 7582
71.84 drivers - 7663

Not a HUGE increase, but hey every little bit counts right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom