CPU Underclocking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
Hi, can u guyz tell me how to underclock my cpu? You may wonder y I would do dat lol. My problem is that my laptop's CPU (Intel Pentium 4-M 1.8 GHz) runs at 50 celsius idle. When I'm playing a game, it friggin' jumps to 80 degreez celsius!!!! I want to underclock my CPU to around 1.6 GHz. I also tried increasing the fan speed. It worked, but not much. I used SpeedFan.

Specs

Compaq EVO n1000C (just search it on gogle, im 2 lazy 2 type it all).

Compaq EVO n1000C (just search it on gogle, im 2 lazy 2 type it all).

No offense, but if your too lazy to type it all why should someone take the time to properly help you? You came here looking for help, the very least you could do is take your time to correctly post any and all pertinent information so people can properly help you.

Look here.

You wont be able to do it in the bios, as it is a company built one, so you will have to find a program that does overclocking that is supported by your laptop's motherboard. - which will be hard to find, if there is one.

lol
my specs r:

Comapq MOBO 285515-001
Synapotics TouchPad and TouchStick
ATI Radeon 7500 AGP
40 Gig HD
CD-RW/DVD COMBO 24x12x24x16
Pentium 4-M 1.8GHz Processor
256 MB RAM PC2100 Double Data Rate (DDR266) SDRAM memory module - 2.5V core voltage
DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
3.5" Floppy
15" XGA display
Integrated 10/100 network card
Integrated 56Kbps modem
11Mbps Wireless network card

lol i kant get in da bios itz impossible. i need da password. i got it from my dad who got it from sum1 about 1500 km away

First of all, I totally agree with tribalsun. If you want someone's help, give them the proper info first.

Secondly, you can reset the BIOS password using jumpers.

Just search it on google.

if you are using WindowsXP, then it will throttle down the processor as i it feels getting hotter.

but I'll recommend get is serviced from Compaq centre, may be your thermal Diodes are malfunctioning, which is a average case in notebook pc's.

have u dropped it in past?

I think ur rite about da throttiling down thing arrow. it doez happen. It went to 1.2 GHZ b4. i thiught sumthin screwed up with SpeedFan. THen i restarted my laptop. it wuz bak at 1.8. but i want 2 semi perm it at 1.6 or 1.5

what do u mea by dropped it? u mean like falling from sumtin' cuz dat happenz lotz of timez lol. Itz my stupid lil bro. when he getz pissed he triez 2 damage every1 of my valuable stuff i.e. my laptop. once da battz came out 2. dey could b malfunctionin' (da diodes)

please do not use the text talk, as it is annoying to read, and does not look inteligent.

And for amd its cool 'n' quiet which does the underclocking. Intel has something like that, but I can't remmeber what it is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom