I'm dying here

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
yes i did. i used a divider like Nubius said and my buses where locked. so i got pretty far until my computer hit the sack. i was also using an AquariusIII as well so that helped.

Not all 3500's whinchesters will be good overclockers.

To test if it's your mobo, lower both your CPU multiplier and ram thing to 1:1.

See if you can than get the computer to boot higher,

Now raise the CPU and start overclocking it with the multiplier. Your FSB will already be set high.

If that works start OC'ing the ram, start setting the divider up.

This is the sure way to know what is crapping out

could you raise the vcore to the highest temp you want the cpu at and then starting uping the rest? or would the temps still go up more.

Whats the dif between the newcastle y winchester?
The temps are 34 for the CPU, 41 for the RAM and 44 for the Video card...

I am locking the AGP and PCI bus... are you saying I should lock the ram at about say... 175 then up the FSB?

And what's a divider?

At work i got my hands on a neo2 for overclocking purposes..

1) turn off both sata controllers in the bios.. I remember something about the controllers screwing up the overclocking process.

2) the neo 2 does 227mhz max. No higher unless multiplier is unlocked.

infact, you should be able to do 227 out of the box, someone said that it may be the cpu... I was using the winchester, one would think that the newcastle would be able to do it.

Try cranking the voltage up to like 1.5-1.75 and give the memory voltage a little boost too. If you're still not having any luck, go buy a winchester =p

I've got a neo2 on the bench with a 3500 winchester in it now.. agp 6600 gt, 1gb of ddr 400 cl2, reatail heatsink, 1 sata driver, 1 ide drive..

Lets see what it can do, ill let you know in 15 minutes.

ick, the board flaked out on me. i got it to post once at 210 and then it died.. Getting busy at work, no more time to test .. next time, buy a gigabyte

what rank is your motherboard? (that stupid private/commander/general thing)

try overclocking using that setting alone and not the FSB (leave fsb at 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom