Adding video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan DeVille

In Runtime
I have a Diamond Stealth S80 ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB video card that I tried installing in my system, however when I started my computer it froze at the Windows loading screen. I turned it off and back on again and I was able to go into safe mode. While in safe mode my computer did recognize the video card. It still would not boot normally. I removed it and my computer boots up just fine. Is this because I didn't uninstall the integrated video drivers? How do I uninstall integrated graphics drivers? Please help!

uhm go 2 bios and set the defualts then save and exit that happend 2m e when i reforamted my xp wud freeze when booting up but then i set everythnig 2 default in bios and it booted up if that dont work try the vid card in diff comp..

I had the video card in my other computer so I know it works. I had no problem installing it either. I don't know what I'm doing wrong this time. I think it has to do with the integrated video drivers, but I'm no expert. How do you uninstall them, and if that doesn't work, how do you get them back?

iv had similar problems. pull the card out... boot up with the integrated card and download the drivers for the ati card..... disable the integrated in bios......reinstall the card and boot into safe mode, then install the drivers and reboot, should work fine

I'm going to install the drivers after I install the video card, since my computer recognized it in safe mode I shouldn't have a problem. I just want to know if disabling the integrated video drivers is going to fix my problem. Another thing, this might sound stupid but like I said I'm no expert. My screen won't go blank when I disable the video drivers, will it?

I installed my video card, however after installing the drivers from the disc I ran into another problem. After restarting when it gets to the Windows screen that shows the loading bar the monitor goes blank after that. The computer still runs, but no video whatsoever. What could be the problem? I had the same exact problem when I tried to install it in my other computer.

Well if you havnt already you need to disable your inteourated video in your bios

If this doesnt solve the problem, it is best to reinstall XP graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom