Motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.
865 Chipsets didnt passed the PAT tests, therefore are cheaper than 875. canterwoods come with 2 clock improvement in memory access in 875MCH. which isnt in the P4P800's.

other than that both boards are same.

If you wanted to have use any Firewire devices, or if you wanted to use RAID for your hard drives, go with the P4P800E-D instead of the SE. If not, then the SE will do just fine.

As for the RAM, if you decide to add to your existing RAM, make sure to get stuff that has the same latency and runs at the same frequency. When I upgraded from 512 MB RAM to 1GB RAM, I noticed a pretty signigicant difference.

You soundcard should have no trouble with your new motherboard. Depending on your current sound card, you might find that you get equally good or even better sound quality from your onboard sound card.

So can I just pop out my processor and that radiator thing easily and put it on the board? Cause Dell have given me enough free stuff this month.

You are probably gonna have to reapply some thermal paste when you go to install it on the new mothernoard. Post back here when you get to that step, though.

This will be great for gaming yeah?

That'll be a pretty good system for gaming. You won't be able to run Doom 3 very well I dont think.

Elbatrop1 said:
That'll be a pretty good system for gaming. You won't be able to run Doom 3 very well I dont think.

That doesn't sound to good but I'll be upgrading to a better graphics card and 1GB RAM in due time... Please say that be able to run Far Cry, Doom 3 at full settings.

Elbatrop1 said:
If you wanted to have use any Firewire devices, or if you wanted to use RAID for your hard drives, go with the P4P800E-D instead of the SE. If not, then the SE will do just fine.

I haven't got a clue what that means, are wireless keyboard, mp3 player, modem fireware devices? And what's RAID?

Please say that be able to run Far Cry, Doom 3 at full settings.
Even the high end cards (6800 Ultra and x850XT) won't be able to run Doom 3 at maxed out settings, and even then, those cards will cost you around $700-800 and up.

gaara said:
Even the high end cards (6800 Ultra and x850XT) won't be able to run Doom 3 at maxed out settings, and even then, those cards will cost you around $700-800 and up.

Wtf? I'm way in over my head I just want a decent gaming machine and to run the new games I got at full settings (Doom 3, Far Cry, Unreal 2004.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom