Hey Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeou812

Beta member
Hi everyone. My name's Jake and this is my first post. I thought I'd introduce myself.

I am a poverty stricken, wanna-be computer nerd. I work as an instructional assistant/sub in the Corona Norco Unified School District.

About three months ago I earned an extra $600 bucks or so, and decided I was smart enough to build a cheap, kick-ass computer that I've always wanted.

I started by learning about the computer market on ebay, and building computers on PCWORLD. I ended up with:

19" viewable, ibm, kinda flat, bulky & heavy monitor $75 total

ezbpc's cheap:
mini case
Matsonic MS9337C motherboard, lan & sound
2.4 celeron About $100

cheap ram: 512 DDR400, 1 stick about $75

Radeon 9200 8x $105 total

Maxtor 40gig 7200rpm about $50

Sony DVD drive about $75

Windows 98 $55 total.

got the DSL going:cool:

Windows 98 didn't work. Tried a lot. couldn't get on the net to patch something, that I needed to get on the net.:mad:

Broke down and purchased non-shady copy of windows xp ($100)

Assualted by viruses and power surges. Bought surge protector ($30). Hunt for free, good, virus protection. Surge protector stops about half the blue screen errors. purchased decent cpu cooler $10.

Find virus software and a little knowledge on xp and drivers. Found out my motherboard isn't compatible with windows xp:( .

Today: haven't seen a bluescreen in a few days. Working on performance now:D .

I'm learning so much about computers now, with all the problems I've had, I'd like to get serious about it. I'm here to learn, and share my mistakes. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom