AGP slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

B|_ubb3rBoy

Solid State Member
Hi, I was in the field to buy a new vid card... I checked my motherboard to see if i had any AGP slots but i only have three PCI ports and one open space where i presume a AGP port wil fit... i was wondering if i could buy a seperate AGP port to clip in there so i can buy a new vid card..and if i can do that does anyone have a suggestion of a vid card that would easily support graphics of counter strike source,,, from about 100 - 150 canadian dollars,,,,thank you very much and im very much appreciative of your help.

Are you sure that its an AGP port? To make sure it is, the port should be a differnt color and should be closer to the center than the other ports.

Yah im sure...PCI ports are white and closer to the back and AGP are brown,smaller and are closer to the front
...I believe so anyways

Yes, you are correct. That would be an AGP port. To Answer your question you can't buy AGP ports, they come on with the mobo..

thnaks majistic, you recoomend any cheap PCI vid cards for cheap cheap cheap that would work well with Counter Strike source

ATi came with a PCI card recently (5-6 months ago) as this is far newest becuase PCI cards are long gone. check their website. and your question that u can insert a AGP slot into your motherboard really made me laugh.

ive seen boards before where sumhow ppl like dell and hp etc have taken the agp slot off and put their onboard graphics chip on. (i dont know why) but u can get pci graphics card but they are very very poor and alot more expensive than agp or pci-express cards. ive seen a fx5200 and a 9200se both pci but havent seen higher than that and both arent really meant for high end games. sry mate

B|_ubb3rBoy said:
Yah im sure...PCI ports are white and closer to the back and AGP are brown,smaller and are closer to the front
...I believe so anyways

AGP are not closer to the front (or rear, depends on how you look at it) but ISA slots are :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom