fan control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3r0gr4v1ty

Baseband Member
recommended fan control system? thinking about getting one just not sure which is the best i am kinda on a pretty tight budget but also where can u find the fans that mount on top of the tower? :beard:

what does the budget look like? and you can mount any fan to the top of the case just as long as it fits. you have a hole already cut out for it?

If you are feeling creative you can make a fan control system yourself. You connect your fan to a molex, and you put a variable resistor on the +12v wire. You should use a 20-50 ohm resistor. If you use a 20 ohm resistor your fans wont stall on the lowest power mode. You could probly cut up a wooden mounting piece to fit into a drive bay that the resistors can fit into.

more info here:
http://www.bit-tech.net/article/56/
Wayne

that would be the way to go wayne i personally don't know jack about eletric but my father does but forgot to mention that i'm going for a budgetted yet good looking fan controller also don't they make fans cattering to the top of the tower?

if u want a fan in the top of ur tower all u have to do iss use a hole saw and do it urself, one of the easiest mods u can do. in the fan controller part, i got the vantec nexus controller, and it came with 2 12"neon tubes, and u can control these aswel, cant control as many fans as the zalman but its enough for me :)

well not to mention but couldn't u just splice all the fans together and run them off of one knob? i mean u would prolly want ur cpu fan to run faster than say ur exhaust fan but i'm just saying like if u had 3 case fans couldn't u hook them all togethter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom