Will my PSU work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman420

Baseband Member
I have a 20-pin ATX 480W power supply. I'm wondering if it is safe to use it with my ECS 915P-A motherboard that has a 24-pin ATX power supply connector. The motherboard manual says that it could "cause the system to become unbootable or unstable because of insufficient electricity". Is this something I should worry about? Do I need to get a different power supply?

Yes you can use a 20 pin PSU in a 24 pin Mobo, I did it with my DFI lanparty Ultra D for a couple weeks, and it ran stable as can be. BUT you should Definalty try and get a 24 pin PSU, the Fortron Blue is an excellent choice (have one now ;) )

yeah you can get an adapter, I can sell you one for 40 dollors.... or you can just buy one here
for 5 bucks. Plenty of people run without a 24 pin psu, but you should probably put it on the future upgrade list.

Fortron Blue is a wisely priced and par excellant PSU's, I use Fortron FSP-350W, and runs stable. quiet and powerful.

but I am thinking of Fortron BLue as well, its just BLUE color that is stopping me, (are there any lights inside?) cause I hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom