Best Brand of 6600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people including the person who started this thread all say XFX is crap....why?
Well of course not EVERY last one of their cards will be crap dude. You could have simply gotten lucky and gotten a good one, but wait and see...if it fails within 6 months...and two years from now my eVGA is still going strong that tells you that XFX's quality isn't there. I've seen many posts regarding problems with XFX so it seems they just don't know how to make good cards.

Yeah, Nvidia did much better in HL2 than was expected and actually beat ATI in many cases. Just one more example of where ATI went wrong this generation....

Anyways, back on topic.

okay okay okay god i'm sorry...i'm not an ati fanboy for one.

second of i'm sorry for saying that it's better then nvidia. i meant the ati was the prefered video card.

thirdly, i now see that he wanted to stay with an nvidia...my misstake...my misstake indeed.

Don't make a comment then justify it with an 'anyway back on topic' Please That just means 10 other people will try and sneak in a 'NAH ATI WINS....but yeah back on topic'..

If you don't have any information regarding help to his question please do not post. Who cares about who performs better in HL2...that's not even the premise of this thread

the eVGA would be great if they had a bigger heatsink on it. Actually to tell you the truth i think all cards would be better if they had bigger heatsinks on them!

Nubius said:
Well of course not EVERY last one of their cards will be crap dude. You could have simply gotten lucky and gotten a good one, but wait and see...if it fails within 6 months...and two years from now my eVGA is still going strong that tells you that XFX's quality isn't there. I've seen many posts regarding problems with XFX so it seems they just don't know how to make good cards.

The XFX are buggier cards, expisally the first batch. The first batch of all the 6600GT's wasnt good, and XFX got hit hard by using slightly cheaper parts, not always remebering heatsink clips and bad nvidia cores.

Just RMA it and get yourself a new card. Besides the fact that XFX has had quality control issues, their a good company.

They also offer faster memory than the trusted EVGA.

Get an eVGA i have their 5600 ultra and i pwns at farcry, hl2, and pretty much every other game out there. eVGA is well known for their quality and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom