2x6600GT or 1x6800GT ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
by doing a bit of pricing it actually seems to be working out that two 6600GT's would be more expensive thatn a 6800GT. By the way im in Australia so the prices are different here. Basically the 6600GT i have my eye on is $450, and the 6800GT is $750.

yeah i know. i really hate the australian dollar. If i was spending in america what i am spending here, i could afford to get dual 6800GT easily

do you know anyone who lives in the usa? you should have some one buy it in the usa then ship it to you from the usa...

they didnt call it SLI like we use it today.
lol dude..it WAS called SLI..'Scan Line Interleave' whereas today it's 'Scalable Link Interface' So I don't understand why you said they didn't call it that.

by doing a bit of pricing it actually seems to be working out that two 6600GT's would be more expensive thatn a 6800GT. By the way im in Australia so the prices are different here. Basically the 6600GT i have my eye on is $450, and the 6800GT is $750.
Wow man that's insane. I always knew that basically every country besides america got screwed on hardware taxes. Sucks....as far as the idea of someone in the US buying it for you...well....the price of shipping to get it over to you might negate any savings, but I've never shipped anything internationally lol so I have no clue

i don't think it's to much...we sent some stuff to germany from cali so i'll ask my mom how much shipping was. plus i think you can look at how much it would be on like the ups or fedex site or what ever.

plus i think you can look at how much it would be on like the ups or fedex site or what ever
Yeah they got a lot of charts that are downloadable. Shouldn't be too much since the thing will be more than likely registered as a 1lb package.

lol dude..it WAS called SLI..'Scan Line Interleave' whereas today it's 'Scalable Link Interface' So I don't understand why you said they didn't call it that.
dude you answered your own question. "scan Line Interleave" is not the same as "Scalable Link Interface" read your own stuff man!:p its not called the same. the only thing that is the same is SLI abbreviation.

You said it wasn't called SLI...it was called SLI...the acronym was different. That's all. Just because the name is now different, doesn't mean it wasn't the same idea/principle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom