new forceware drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
I got the evga 6600gt and i installed whatever drivers it came with in the disk. Installing the Forceware driver v71.84 will improve the performance of my games and stuff right?

It helps, I'am not too sure about the subject of forceware drivers, but with any "Update" it is simply updating the older version of the software meaning it is getting rid of errors, updating the drivers meaning helping out the program/hardware/software so I'am guessing yes ;), could be wrong though :p

Awesome...I didn't even know they had released new drivers. It had been 66.93 for the longest damn time so it's good to see they got some new ones up. Gonna have to see if my score improves in 3dmark03 now.

But to answer your question, yes get those Forceware drivers...if you care to you might want to run 3dmark03 with 66.93, then those new ones, see if it's improved or decreased your cards performance..can't wait to check em out myself :D

ApM, You have a PM. Please check this and respond ASAP :)

EDIT: BTW I got 7500 in 3dmark03 with my 6600GT with a 2.5GHz XP-M, so if you haven't tried 66.93 while testing maybe you should. The AMD64 should assist in getting a better 3dmark score than me, but in this case yours is lower.

Hahah, I didnt know that you need to over clock 6600GT, thought it was just fine..:)

1. You don't need to overclock anything, but it's fun and a challenge.

2. I don't believe overclocking has even been mentioned in this thread, so I don't know what brought on that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom