ccApp (Not Responding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorut

Beta member
Sometimes when I first bootup my comuter it will appear locked-up. I press the CTL-ALT-DEL key combo one time to see what's happening and without fail it reports "ccApp (Not Resonding)." I have to hit the reset button to get anything to happen. When the power button is pushed nothing happens. If I press CTL-ALT-DEL key combo more than once all I get is a blank screen but nothing else happens. I know ccApp is part of Norton's but not too sure if I can unload it through MSINFO32.EXE or not. I have tried to update Nortons several times but nothing ever changes. IT MIGHT BE NOTED THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN EVERY TIME BUT ABOUT 1/3 TO 1/2 OF THE TIME.

And nothing you can do to fix it without 1) getting rid of Norton and then 2) REFORMATTING and installing something completely different for an a/v. BTDT and it's very frustrating. Liz

There are other ways to remove norton than reformatting a hard drive. Uninstalling the app then removing all entries to it through the registry is easier and less time consuming than a reinstall of windows and all its updates.

No kidding. The point is, you do not need to reformat to remove it entirely. Reformatting is not the answer to everything.

southernlady said:
Norton doesn't hide JUST in the registry. Liz

I Agree. Norton's also like to take extra files too, sometime making the OS inoperable, thus need a reformat.

you might have something conflicting with it on startup, did you try disabling all apps during startup except norton? Run it first by disabling everything including norton, then go back once rebooted and startup norton.

And DONT reformat...Not the right answer..This is like saying you have a car, it has an oil leak, so everyone tells you to buy a new engine, instead of fixing the leak.

Warez Monster said:
And DONT reformat...Not the right answer..This is like saying you have a car, it has an oil leak, so everyone tells you to buy a new engine, instead of fixing the leak.

LOL..

sometime with noton, it is comparable to taking the bottom of the oil pan out and stripping the screws while doing it.

meaning it's fixable, but it won't be easy

And sometimes the hole in the bottom of the pan is just so big and it needs the lines replaced as well (keeping with the analogy)...that the cost of repairing the car just isn't worth it, replacing it makes sense. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom